2010年7月19日星期一

How would an American be treated if he lived in South Africa?

If a white American like me moved to South Africa, how would I bee treated by others? Would the Afrikaaners view me a as a rooinek because I speak English. Would my Dutch ancestory matter? Or would I be nothing but a uitlander?|||You;ll be just another American living in SA. Sorry but there;s nothing special about it.Your ideas about Afrikaners and their attitudes are very outdated - generally speaking they won;t really care who you are or where you come from.|||Generally speaking you would just be another foreigner working and living here - so in the end it is up to you to make friends, build relationships at work, the neighborhood and just make the most of life every day .. learning Afrikaans or any of the other official languages, will be a good start

没有评论:

发表评论